Back And Neck Injuries Common Due To Car Accidents In Naples
Car accidents in Naples can cause serious personal injuries. Those involving the back and neck are among the most common. They can happen in any type of crash and may impact you for years after. Our Naples car accident lawyer explains some of the most common types of crash-related back and neck injuries and offers tips for getting the compensation you need to recover.
Common Car Accident-Related Back And Neck Injuries In Naples
The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports over half of all Americans suffer back and neck pain. Car accidents are among the leading causes. They can happen due to any type of crash, ranging from parking lot accidents to major collisions involving multiple drivers.
The violent force associated with car accidents in Naples and the sudden jolts or direct impacts to the back or neck that result can cause serious harm to the spinal region. Back and neck injuries suffered by victims include:
- Whiplash: One of the most common car accident-related neck injuries, whiplash can occur when nerves or connective tissues are damaged.
- Herniated discs: Fluid-filled discs sit between the vertebrae in the back, providing cushioning and protection from impact. A car accident can cause these discs to slip out of place or rupture completely.
- Fractured vertebrae: Vertebrae form the backbone of your spine and support the spinal cord, allowing for coordinated movements. Fractures can result in long-term disabilities.
- Sprains, strains, and tears: Any type of injury involving the muscles, tendons, or other soft tissues in the back can leave victims suffering severe pain and often require lengthy recovery periods.
Seeking Compensation For Car Accident Back and Neck Injuries
When a car accident in Naples happens, insurers may rush to offer a settlement. They know that victims are most vulnerable in the immediate aftermath and may not realize the full extent of their injuries. This makes them more likely to accept an amount that is significantly less than what they are entitled to.
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, back and neck injuries can adversely affect your health for months or even years into the future, causing chronic pain that impacts your ability to work, perform simple household tasks, or even engage in your favorite hobbies and activities. To get the compensation you need to recover, follow these tips:
- Get medical care immediately after your accident;
- Follow your doctor’s advice regarding testing and activity restrictions;
- Do not return to work until cleared to do so;
- Report any new symptoms you suffer;
- Realize that it may take months to determine the full extent of your back and neck injuries or the long-term impacts they can have on your health.
Contact Our Naples Car Accident Lawyer
If you suffer back and neck injuries due to a car accident in Naples, call or contact Cardinal Law, P.A. online before agreeing to any insurance settlements. We help you get the maximum amount you need to recover. Request a consultation with our Naples car accident lawyer today.