Bonita Springs Child Injury Lawyer
As a parent, your most important priority is for your child to always be safe. Sometimes, you have to place your trust in other people to keep your child safe. It is devastating when these very people you trusted act negligently and cause your child to become hurt. As your child receives treatment, you will need to care for them. This can result in lost income and paying high medical bills. You can file a claim against the negligent party to recover these losses and any other damage your family sustained. Our Bonita Springs child injury lawyer can help you claim the full and fair settlement you are entitled to.
What Types of Child Injuries are Most Common?
There are many different scenarios in which children can become injured. These include playground accidents, swimming pool accidents, daycare accidents, animal attacks, and more. A child can sustain many different injuries in these accidents but there are some that are more common than others. These include:
- Brain injuries: A child’s skull takes five years or more before it is fully developed. If a child hits their head in a slip and fall or other type of accident, they can easily suffer a brain injury.
- Choking: It is well known that young children place a number of objects in their mouths. Many of these are unsafe. Children can easily choke on small items such as buttons, lids, and coins.
- Broken bones: Children can suffer from broken bones in a number of different ways, such as falling from playground equipment that is unsafe.
- Scrapes and cuts: All children will sustain scrapes and cuts throughout childhood, and their lifetime. Still, negligent actions can cause scrapes and cuts and these can become infected, resulting in serious complications.
- Suffocation: Children do not have the mental capacity to understand that items that are seemingly innocent, such as plastic bags and packaging, can cause them to suffocate.
- Burns: Improperly stored chemicals, negligent supervision around stoves and appliances, and hot food are just a few examples of how children can become burned.
- Drowning: Swimming pools, bath tubs, and fountains all use a drowning risk for children.
How to Determine Liability for a Child Injury
Many different people can be found liable when a child is hurt. The most common negligent parties are as follows:
- Negligent school staff members: School staff members such as teachers, custodial staff, and guidance counselors can all act negligently. When they do, children can suffer serious injuries.
- Negligent childcare staff members: Childcare staff members do not always supervise children properly, keep the facility in a safe condition, or make sure equipment is safe.
- Manufacturers: Children can become hurt by defective products such as toys, bedding, and car seats. In these cases, manufacturers can be held liable.
Our Child Injury Lawyer in Bonita Springs Will Fight for Your Family
If another person has acted negligently and your child was hurt as a result, our Bonita Springs child injury lawyer at Cardinal Law can explain your legal options and help your family. Call us now at 239-610-0845 or chat with us online to request a free consultation and to get the legal advice you need.