Bonita Springs Defective Product Lawyer
People use products in nearly every aspect of their daily lives. From kitchen appliances to toothbrushes, from cars to children’s toys, and from power tools to electronics, nearly everything people do requires the use of something that was designed and manufactured by another party. Major manufacturers make billions of dollars every year selling their products to customers. While most of these products are safe, others can cause serious injury. When they do, it is imperative that you speak to our Bonita Springs defective product lawyer about your legal options.
Types of Defective Products in Bonita Springs
Virtually any product can be considered defective if it does not work properly. There are some, though, that are more commonly to be found dangerous than others. These include:
- Children’s furniture and toys
- Construction equipment and tools
- Household products
- Medical devices
- Playground equipment
Types of Defects in Products
Our attorney will base your case on one or more of the three general theories of strict product liability. These are as follows:
- Defective design: A design defect will render a product dangerous from the very beginning, even before it is made. The very design of these products means they will not perform safely for customers and they are unreasonably dangerous. Choking hazards on children’s toys, steering wheels that lock while a car is in operation, and kitchen appliances that cause electrocutions are common examples of design defects.
- Defective manufacturing: Even when the design of a product is safe, a mistake in manufacturing can render it unsafe. Chairs that do not have properly bolted legs, malfunctioning safety locks on child car seats, and contaminated medications are a few examples of defective manufacturing.
- Failure to warn: When a product, such as a chainsaw, is inherently dangerous, manufacturers have a duty to warn consumers of the danger. When they fail to do so, they can be held liable.
Evidence in Defective Product Cases
The only way to make sure that a defective product caused your injuries is to conduct a thorough investigation. A lawyer can conduct this investigation for you and collect important evidence that proves your case. During the investigation, a lawyer may hire certain experts to assess the safety of the product, and determine whether other factors contributed to the accident.
Evidence collected during the investigation can include pictures of the product, photos of your injuries, eyewitness statements, and expert testimony. Any handbooks or packaging you received with the product may also be used as evidence. Your medical bills can also prove the nature and severity of your injuries while past pay stubs can show the value of your losses if you cannot return to work right away.
Our Defective Products Lawyer in Bonita Springs Can Help After Injury
If you or someone you love has been injured by a faulty product, our Bonita Springs defective product lawyer can help. At Cardinal Law, our experienced attorney has gone up against some of the biggest manufacturers when helping our clients, and we will put that expertise to work for you. Call us now at 239-610-0845 or chat with us online to request a free consultation and to learn more about your legal options.