Bonita Springs Lyft Accident Lawyer
Rideshare programs such as Lyft are becoming increasingly popular today, and they operate throughout Bonita Springs. Sadly, Lyft drivers are just as likely to get into an accident as any other driver on the road. If you have been injured in a crash involving a Lyft driver, you are likely wondering what options you have to claim compensation. Below, our Bonita Springs Lyft accident lawyer outlines how to claim the full damages you deserve.
Coverage Available when a Lyft Driver Causes a Crash
Drivers who have been hurt by a Lyft driver while driving their own car, or who were a passenger in a Lyft vehicle at the time of a crash, can file a claim for damages. Depending on the situation, and what the Lyft driver was doing at the time of the accident, the process of filing a claim will vary. These accidents fall into three scenarios and they are as follows:
- Lyft driver was not using the app: If a Lyft driver was not using the app at the time of the crash, they are treated just like other drivers on the road. You must first file a claim with your own insurance company if you have a no-fault policy before filing a claim against the Lyft driver.
- Lyft driver was using the app but did not have a passenger: If the Lyft driver was using the app but was not interacting with passengers, Lyft will provide a maximum of $50,000 per person for bodily injury and up to $100,000 for bodily injury for the entire accident.
- Lyft driver was carrying a passenger: When a Lyft driver was using the app and carrying a passenger, Lyft will offer up to $1 million in bodily injury coverage.
What to Do After a Lyft Accident
The steps you take after a Lyft accident can either help or hurt your claim. The most important steps to follow include:
- Get off of the road if you are driving your own vehicle to avoid a secondary accident.
- Call 911 immediately so law enforcement will come to the scene and to get the urgent medical help you may need from paramedics.
- Report the accident to law enforcement if they do not visit the scene so you can document it.
- Obtain information from everyone involved in the accident, including their names, contact information, and insurance information.
- Call a Bonita Springs Lyft accident lawyer who can advise you of your options and help you obtain the full and fair settlement you are entitled to.
Get Help from Our Lyft Accident Lawyer in Bonita Springs Today
Car accidents are always complicated, but when a Lyft driver is involved, it becomes even more complex. At Cardinal Law, our Bonita Springs Lyft accident lawyer knows this, as well as how to overcome the challenges these claims present. Call us today at 239-610-0845 or chat with us online to schedule a free review of your case with our experienced attorney and to get more of the information you need.