Immokalee Hit & Run Accident Lawyer
Florida law explicitly requires that motorists stop their vehicles and render assistance after any collision with another vehicle. This law protects the public by ensuring injured victims receive either a lift to the hospital or an ambulance. Unfortunately, hundreds of people in Florida flat out refuse to stop. Instead, they hit the gas and flee the accident scene, leaving badly hurt victims behind.
Cardinal Law, P.A., is committed to helping hit and run victims access the legal system. We can review your case and identify possible sources of compensation. Hit and runs leave many people with mammoth medical bills, car damage, and crippling pain. Contact us today to speak with an Immokalee hit & run accident lawyer at our firm about all legal options, including a claim on your own insurance policy.
What to Do after a Hit & Run
These are frustrating experiences. We recommend that you:
- Note important details about the car. You might have seen the vehicle, so note the make, model, or color. You could also have seen a few letters or numbers of the license plate. You will want to share everything you know with the police.
- Call the police. They can search for the driver. It’s also critical to have a police report of the accident if you hope to get your insurer to pay compensation.
- Report the accident to your car insurer. Share basic information, such as the location and time of the crash. They can open a claim.
- Receive medical care. You will improve the odds of making a recovery the sooner you receive care. Avoid self-diagnosing injuries. Also, if you want to use no-fault benefits, you need to receive care within 14 days of the accident.
- Speak with an Immokalee hit & run accident lawyer. Our firm is happy to review what the claims process will be like and discuss possible methods of getting financial compensation.
Hit and run accidents are expensive. Add up car repairs, medical bills, and lost wages and many victims are facing serious financial consequences.
Hit and run victims have options. You can submit a claim on your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. You might have other policies which will kick in, such as collision coverage or underinsured/uninsured motorist insurance. Although you pay for these policies, some insurers will haggle or deny a claim.
The good news: If the police find the driver, we can bring a claim against them, too. You might sue for full compensation for serious injuries suffered in your crash, as well as punitive damages depending on the facts.
Help is Available
Cardinal Law, P.A., is proud to help hit and run accident victims seek compensation for their injuries. You should not have to suffer medical expenses and other out-of-pocket losses when a dangerous driver hits you and then flees the scene. We will do everything possible, including searching for evidence of the driver’s identity. Call us today to speak with an Immokalee hit & run accident lawyer.