Immokalee Lyft Accident Lawyer
Lyft is a popular rideshare service in Florida. The Lyft app connects those looking for a ride to drivers who use their own vehicles to shuttle people around town. The rideshare industry has transformed the transportation experience for many people, while allowing car owners to earn some income on the side. At Cardinal Law, P.A., we represent people injured in Lyft accidents. Our clients include Lyft passengers injured in collisions, as well as other drivers who are struck by someone driving for Lyft. Connect with us today to speak with an Immokalee Lyft accident lawyer about your accident and injuries. We might help you sue for compensation or negotiate for a settlement. Get the legal advice you need in a complimentary consultation.
Common Lyft Accidents
Our firm is ready to assist anyone in the following types of crashes:
- Lyft passengers injured in a crash with another vehicle. You could have suffered serious injuries when your Lyft collides at an intersection, parking lot, or on the highway. Either your driver or a different driver could be at fault.
- Pedestrians struck by Lyft drivers. Pedestrians face many hazards on the road, and rideshare companies like Lyft are another potential source of injury. A Lyft driver could have been distracted by looking at their phone for potential rides.
- Motorists struck by a Lyft. A driver for Lyft could have slammed into your car on the road. You might suffer any traumatic injury, including whiplash or concussion.
Reviewing evidence is necessary to assign fault and identify sources of compensation. When a Lyft driver is to blame for your injuries, the amount of insurance depends on where they were in the “ride cycle”:
- Not logged into Lyft: The driver’s personal insurance applies, not Lyft’s insurance.
- Logged in and looking for a ride. Injured victims can make a claim on Lyft’s insurance. The maximum amount of compensation is $50,000 for bodily injuries, up to $100,000 when two or more people are hurt. Another $25,000 is available for property damage, like damage to your car.
- Has accepted a ride or has a passenger in the car. The maximum insurance applies: up to $1,000,000 in liability coverage. Lyft passengers can make a claim on this policy if hurt while in the car.
If you are a Lyft passenger and another driver is at fault, you will seek compensation from that driver first, because the driver has primary fault.
Let Us Untangle the Facts
Rideshare accidents are confusing for many victims. You might not know who is to blame: your Lyft driver or another motorist on the road. Each driver could point the finger at the other, and you might be in too much pain to perform any type of investigation.
Let the legal team at Cardinal Law help you figure out liability and whether you can seek compensation. Our firm has an impressive track record holding negligent drivers accountable for the collisions they cause. Contact us today to speak with our Immokalee Lyft accident Lawyer in a free consultation.