Immokalee Rear End Collision Lawyer
Rear end collisions are one of the most common car wrecks, especially near intersections and in parking lots. One car fails to stop in time and crashes into the car in front of it. A rear end collision can leave victims with painful injuries, including whiplash and concussions. At Cardinal Law, P.A., our legal team has represented clients injured in every conceivable type of car wreck, including rear end collisions. Our Immokalee rear end collision lawyer is available to review the facts of your accident and help identify possible sources of financial compensation. Call us or reach out online without delay.
What Causes Rear End Collisions?
These accidents are typically the fault of the driver who crashed into the car in front of them. Some common reasons include:
- Speeding: The faster a car is traveling, the more space it needs to come to a complete stop. A speeding driver might hit the brakes too late, causing a collision.
- Cell phone use: Distracted drivers might not see a car is stopped up ahead. As a result, they smash into the car and cause serious damage.
- Tailgating: Motorists who follow too closely give themselves no margin for error. If the car up ahead stops, then the tailgating motorist almost always smashes into them.
- Failing to yield. Some motorists don’t understand the rules in parking lots for yielding the right of way. They might jump out in front of a car. This is an example of the driver in the car in front being responsible for their rear end collision.
- Inclement weather: A car will need more space to stop when the roads are icy or wet. Inclement weather coupled with driving too fast is a dangerous combination.
- Poor visibility. The less visibility, the harder it is for a driver to see cars up ahead.
- A tired motorist might nod off briefly for a split second, and that’s all it takes for them to crash into the car up ahead.
- Drunk motorists are prone to accidents because they have slower reflexes and often are not thinking clearly. A drunk motorist can easily smash into a car in front of them.
A rear end collision often results in head and neck injuries. A person struck from behind can be thrown forward, even if they are wearing a seatbelt. This violent motion stretches the tendons and muscles in their neck and shoulders, leading to constant pain. Their heads might also “whip back,” causing other damage. This is a whiplash, a common rear end collision injury.
We Can Help with a Legal Claim
Florida drivers must carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, which is not fault insurance you can tap to cover some medical bills and lost income, regardless of fault. But there are still many situations where you can file a lawsuit for financial compensation, including pain and suffering. For example, you might have suffered a permanent disability or loss of bodily function in a fender bender. Contact Cardinal Law today to ask questions of our Immokalee rear end collision lawyer.