Immokalee Spine Injury Lawyer
Spinal injuries are among the most dramatic that a person can suffer. The spinal column consists of 33 bones called vertebrae which shield the spinal cord running through the center. When any part of the spinal column is injured, victims suffer from considerable pain and disability. Many victims cannot walk, stand, or even sleep comfortably. And some injuries will prevent a person from feeling anything at all. Call Cardinal Law, P.A, to discuss whether you can seek compensation for a spinal cord injury. Our firm has helped many clients who hurt their spines receive financial compensation to cover medical care and other bills. An Immokalee spine injury lawyer at our firm is happy to help.
Common Spinal Column Injuries
Traumatic accidents like car wrecks and falls can damage any part of the spinal column. You should go to the hospital if you feel back pain after an accident, or if you lose control of your bowel or bladder.
Some of the most serious injuries include:
- Herniated discs. There are discs in between the vertebrae which act as cushions so the bones don’t scrape against each other. Serious accidents can damage these discs, leading to pain whenever a victim moves. Some herniated discs respond to conservative treatment, while others might require surgery.
- Damage to bones called the pars interarticularis will lead to spondylosis. The result is often immobilizing pain.
- Spinal stenosis. Accidents often cause the spinal column to narrow, which puts pressure on the spinal cord and nerve roots which branch off from it. Some people need surgery, though the condition might never improve.
- Incomplete spinal cord injury. The cord transmits neural signals around the body. Any tearing, bruising, nicking, or stretching can disrupt the normal function and result in a partial loss of sensation or movement. Rehabilitation and therapy can help strengthen the back and allow accident victims relearn certain common tasks, like walking or dressing.
- Complete spinal cord injury. The spinal cord is completely cut in two with a complete injury. The most common result is full paralysis below the site of injury.
Spinal cord injuries require the help of an experienced Immokalee personal injury attorney. You might have extensive medical needs, including ongoing care. Someone with a spinal cord injury can require hundreds of thousands of dollars of future medical care each year until death.
We work to ensure you receive adequate compensation. We also calculate how your injuries can lead to income loss, including future loss of earning capacity, along with pain and suffering. Our firm has had great success negotiating settlements based on car accidents, truck collisions, and slip and falls.
Call Our Firm for a Free Consultation
Many people are permanently paralyzed after a tragic accident, which puts enormous stress on their families. Cardinal Law, P.A., opened its doors to help accident victims navigate the claims process and obtain the maximum compensation allowed under Florida law. Let our Immokalee spine injury lawyer provide more information about your chances of receiving a settlement in a free consultation.