Lehigh Acres Burn Injury Lawyer
Everyone has experienced some level of burn injury before and understands just how painful even a small second-degree burn can be. But only those who have suffered more extreme burn injuries—large second-degree burns, or third or fourth degree burns of any size—know just how traumatizing a burn can be. If you were injured in a burn accident that was no fault of your own, the law is on your side; you have the right to seek compensation from the party who caused the accident. Whether you were injured by a defective product, burned in a car accident, suffered an electric shock due to a premises hazard, or were burned on the job, our Lehigh Acres burn injury lawyer can help. Here at the Cardinal Law, P.A., we understand what a fair settlement can do to improve the lives of our clients, and never stop fighting until the best possible outcome is achieved.
The Four Degrees of Burn Injuries
- First degree burn—Just the top layer (the epidermis) of the skin is burned. First degree burns are only mildly painful, and usually heal in a few days on their own.
- Second degree burn—The second layer (dermis) of the skin is partially burned. The dermis is much thicker than the epidermis, and some second-degree burns extend deep into the dermis, though do not burn all the way through it. Second degree burns are very painful, cause swelling and redness, and usually blister and peel.
- Third degree burn—A third degree burn penetrates all the way through the dermis, causing extreme pain, scarring, and a black or white charred color. Third degree burns can also lead to amputation or death if the total burned body surface area is great.
- Fourth degree burn—A fourth degree burn penetrates into the muscle, tendon, and potentially bone.
Damages in a Burn Injury
Serious burn injuries often require skin grafts and long hospital stays. Depending on the location and severity of the burn, the victim may suffer from serious scarring and disfigurement and physical disability. Victims of serious burn injuries often rack up large hospital bills, lose weeks or months of their income due to being injured, and suffer psychological and emotional harm that cannot be measured in terms of money. If you were seriously harmed in a burn accident, you may be able to seek the following damages:
- Medical expenses and cost of ongoing/future care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of joy of life
- Lost income
- Lost earning ability
- Property damage
- And more
Call a Lehigh Acres Burn Injury Lawyer Today
If you were harmed due to another party’s negligence, you should not be stuck with the medical bills, lost income, and other damages that you have incurred because of their carelessness. You have the legal right to hold that party accountable for your burn injuries by filing a personal injury claim for full and fair compensation. Call the Lehigh Acres burn injury lawyer at Cardinal Law, P.A. today at 239-610-0845 to schedule a free consultation.