Naples Construction Lawyer
Florida Construction Law Attorneys Representing Clients in Naples
Construction law matters and disputes can affect many different types of individuals, businesses, and other entities in Southwest Florida, and our Naples construction law attorneys know how critical it is to have an experienced advocate on your side. Whether you are a general contractor or owner of a construction company dealing with bid protests or bid disputes, or you are a commercial or residential real estate buyer who has concerns or questions about construction defects, an advocate at our firm can discuss your case with you today. Our Naples construction lawyers have experience representing many different types of clients in a wide range of construction law issues in the state of Florida.
Learning More About Construction Law in Naples, Florida
Florida construction law is a broad area of the law that includes many different types of legal issues that can arise in the process of construction, from drafting and negotiating construction constructs to managing construction bids, as well as from handling construction payments or collections to litigation construction defect claims.
In Southwest Florida, construction law matters can impact many different parties associated with a construction project, including but not limited to the following:
- Construction company owners or employers;
- General contractors;
- Property owners;
- Condominium associations;
- Homeowners associations (HOAs);
- Raw material businesses supplying goods to construction sites; and
- Insurance companies handling construction accident and injury claims.
Common Types of Construction Law Issues Our Attorneys Handle in Naples
At Cardinal Law, P.A., we represent clients in a wide range of construction law matters, including but not limited to:
- Drafting or negotiating construction contracts;
- Bid protests;
- Bond claims;
- Construction delay claims;
- Payment claims under the Florida Construction Lien Law;
- Construction defects under Florida law;
- Unpaid construction bills for materials or services;
- Breach of contract claims; and
- Workplace safety violations.
Construction Defects and Naples Claims
Construction defects are common sources of construction law cases in Southwest Florida. Under Florida law, a construction defect means “a deficiency in, or a deficiency arising out of, the design, specifications, surveying, planning, supervision, observation of construction, or construction, repair, alternation, or remodeling or real property” arising out of negligence, material defects, and other causes. The statute specifically cites the following as causes of construction defects in Florida:
- Defective material, products, or components used in the construction or remodeling;
- Violation of the applicable codes in effect at the time of construction or remodeling;
- Failure of the design of real property to meet the applicable professional standards of care at the time of governmental approval; or
- Failure to construct or remodel real property in accordance with accepted trade standards for good and workmanlike construction at the time of construction.
Contact Our Naples Construction Lawyers Today
Whether you need assistance with a legal matter concerning the early stages of a construction project, seeking payment or compensation for delays or other related issues, or handling defects after a construction project has been completed, one of our Naples construction lawyers can provide you with more information. Contact Cardinal Law, P.A. today to find out about your options.