Naples Insurance Claims Lawyer
Insurance Claim Lawyers Serving Clients in Naples, Florida
Southwest Florida residents and business owners pay for various types of insurance in order to protect themselves against loss in multiple capacities. Insurance can provide many different types of protections, but it is important for claimants to understand how claims processes work and for insurers to provide timely service and claims processing. While insurance can allow people to recover after a serious illness or devastating property damage at a house or condominium, insurance claim denials and bad faith allegations can result in insurance disputes and litigation. If you need assistance with an insurance claim or an insurance dispute, an experienced Naples insurance claims lawyer can assist you.
What is Insurance and How Do Claims Work?
What is insurance, and when do legal issues involving insurance claims arise? A majority of Floridians have some experience with the insurance industry, whether it involves paying for auto insurance or relying on health care coverage or seeking compensation from a homeowners’ insurance policy after a hurricane. Insurance claims can also involve accidents and injuries at job sites, for example, that result in workers’ compensation claims.
Most matters concerning insurance law, including the claims process, bad faith allegations, and other matters, are governed by Florida law. Under the Florida Statutes, insurance is defined as “a contract whereby one undertakes to indemnify another or pay or allow a specified amount or a determinable benefit upon determinable contingencies.” An insurer is further defined as “every person engaged as indemnitor, surety, or contractor in the business of entering into contracts of insurance or annuity.” Common types of insurance used in Florida include but are not limited to the following:
- Auto insurance, including both no-fault personal injury protection (PIP) coverage and liability coverage;
- Health insurance, including coverage provided by businesses for employees and individual or family health insurance policies and claims;
- Homeowners’ insurance, including coverage for property damage caused by hurricanes and other severe weather in Florida, coverage resulting from theft or fire, or sinkhole damage with additional coverage;
- Renters’ insurance, which can pay for the loss of tangible property within the residential unit in the event of property damage or theft;
- Long-term care insurance, which can provide older adults with the ability to pay for care in a nursing home or other type of long-term care facility;
- Workers’ compensation insurance for workplace injuries; or
- Life insurance to help your family in the event of your death.
Types of Insurance Law Cases Our Naples Attorneys Handle
Our firm can assist you with various types of insurance law cases, such as:
- Filing an insurance claim;
- Property damage and casualty claims;
- Theft claims;
- Commercial insurance claims;
- Florida no-fault PIP insurance claims;
- Uninsured motorist coverage;
- Insurance claim denial; and
- Bad faith claims.
Seek Advice from Our Insurance Claims Lawyers in Naples
Whether you need assistance filing an insurance claim, you are facing an insurance claim denial, you have concerns about bad faith, or you need to dispute the outcome of an insurance claim, our firm can assist you. Do not hesitate to get in touch with one of the experienced Naples insurance claim attorneys at Cardinal Law, P.A. to learn more about how we can help. Contact Cardinal Law, P.A. today for more information.