Ongoing Construction Projects In Naples Pose Risks To Residents
Many residents of Naples, Florida find themselves dealing with the noise and debris of construction sites on a regular basis. Between new development, restoration projects, and rebuilding efforts after major storms, construction projects are ongoing throughout the city. In addition to the inconvenience they often cause, they can put your safety at risk.
Construction accidents pose hazards not only to workers but anyone nearby or passing through the area. Our Naples construction accident lawyer explains common types of dangerous conditions that can result in personal injuries and your rights in a claim.
Common Causes Of Naples Construction Site Injuries
It has been a year since Hurricane Ian caused widespread devastation along Florida’s Gulf Coast. Many homes and businesses are still undergoing rebuilding and repairs while the city continues to make major infrastructure improvements. In the midst of these projects, the Naples Players, a popular local theater group, have undertaken a multi-million dollar expansion in the downtown area that will result in closed sidewalks and city streets for the foreseeable future.
Add in other new and ongoing projects, and it is easy to see how construction site accidents in Naples pose considerable risks. Unfortunately, these endanger the health and safety not only of workers on these sites but of anyone who lives nearby or passes through the area. Among the most common causes of construction site injuries in Naples include:
- Falling construction debris or equipment;
- Slips and falls due to unstable surfaces, lack of paving, excess clutter, and excavations;
- Getting struck by or against tools, machinery, or other construction equipment;
- Electrocutions due to live wiring or power surges;
- Construction vehicle accidents;
- Exposure to potentially toxic substances.
Your Rights In Filing A Construction Site Accident Claim In Florida
Construction site accidents in Naples can happen due to negligence on the part of the construction site or property owner, workers at the scene, independent contractors, and equipment or material suppliers. This means they either took reckless actions that put you at risk or failed to take the proper precautions.
When you suffer personal injuries as a result, you are entitled under the Florida Statutes to hold those at fault accountable for medical bills, lost wages, and other costs involved. To protect your rights in a claim, take these steps if a construction site accident in Naples occurs:
- Report the accident immediately to the police and property owner;
- Make sure an accident report is filed and provides information about the accident and the names and contact information for anyone at the scene;
- If possible, take photos of the site and get contact information for witnesses;
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible and follow your doctor’s instructions regarding treatment and activity restrictions.
Request A Consultation With Our Naples Construction Accident Lawyer
When construction site accidents in Naples happen, the Cardinal Law Firm provides the professional legal representation you need to get compensation. To protect your rights, call or contact our experienced Naples construction accident lawyer online and request a consultation today.