Bonita Springs Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents happen at any time, and they can occur anywhere. Slip and falls, car crashes, and bicycle accidents are just a few types of accidents that cause people severe injuries every year in Bonita Springs. If you have been injured through no fault of your own, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against the negligent party that caused your accident. Many laws govern personal injury claims and they are quite complex. Our Bonita Springs personal injury lawyer can advise on the laws that will impact your claim and guide you through the process so you obtain the full settlement you deserve.
Areas of Personal Injury Law
There are many different areas of personal injury law and they all have their own set of laws that govern them. Our seasoned attorney can help after any accident, including:
- Car crashes: Texting and driving, impaired driving, and speeding are just a few of the careless actions some drivers take when they are behind the wheel.
- Bicycle accidents: Cyclists have very little protection when they are on the roads. Even when wearing a helmet, bicyclists will sustain severe injuries after being struck by a car.
- Pedestrian accidents: Without even a helmet for protection, pedestrians are perhaps at the greatest risk when they are hit by a vehicle.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are vastly different from other auto accidents. Not only will bikers suffer serious injuries, but they also face bias from juries and insurance companies.
- Truck accidents: The aftermath of a truck accident is extremely confusing. These crashes cause catastrophic injuries and they are governed by both state and federal law.
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and fall accidents fall under premises liability law. This set of laws holds property owners responsible for making sure their premises are safe.
- Wrongful accidents: Tragically, sometimes an accident is so serious, the victim does not survive it. In these instances, loved ones of the victim can file a wrongful death claim.
The Statute of Limitations in Personal Injury Cases
Not that long ago, the statute of limitations in personal injury cases was four years from the date of the accident. However, recent changes to the law have greatly reduced that time limit. Today, accident victims have just two years from the date of an accident to file a claim against the liable, or at-fault, party. If you do not file your claim within this time, you will lose your right to claim any compensation at all.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer in Bonita Springs Can File Your Claim On Time
If you have been injured in an accident, do not hesitate to call our Bonita Springs personal injury lawyer at Cardinal Law. We can accurately value your claim, determine who is liable for paying the maximum damages you deserve, and will file your claim on time. Call or text us now at 239-610-0845 or chat with us online to request a free consultation and to get the legal help you need.