The Importance Of Seeking Medical Care After A Car Accident In Naples
Car accidents in Naples are one of the most common causes of serious, potentially debilitating personal injuries. These can impact your health for long afterward, limiting your mobility, requiring ongoing medical care, and jeopardizing your overall financial security.
Even a seemingly minor crash is capable of causing severe harm. Our Naples car accident lawyer explains why it is important to seek medical care immediately, regardless of your symptoms.
Minor Car Accidents In Naples Can Cause You Serious Harm
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports that over 5,000 major car accidents in Collier County happen each year. Less severe crashes, such as fender benders in heavy traffic and rear-end collisions in parking lots, often go unreported.
If you are involved in any type of crash, do not downplay the situation. While a head-on collision or t-bone crash is likely to result in severe and obvious personal injuries, a less violent car accident can still have significant impacts on your health. Common types of car accident injuries in Naples with symptoms that may not appear until days, weeks, or even months later include:
- Muscle and tendon sprains: These injuries are often subtle at first but can cause lingering pain and limited mobility long after.
- Cuts and bruises: These can end up causing life-threatening infections and underlying nerve damage.
- Head injuries: Even a seemingly minor bump to the head or sudden jolt can cause concussions and potentially severe traumatic brain injuries.
- Back and neck injuries: Damage to discs and vertebrae is not always immediately apparent but can have long-term impacts on your health and ability to work or engage in other activities.
Get Medical Care Immediately When A Car Accident In Naples Happens
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that while costs associated with major car accidents often total more than a million dollars, even a relatively minor collision can easily leave you facing tens of thousands of dollars in expenses. When the reckless actions of other drivers are to blame, you have the right to make them pay.
Not seeking immediate medical care after a car accident in Naples jeopardizes your rights to compensation. To protect yourself, take these steps to document your injuries:
- Immediately after any car accident, notify the police.
- Inform them you are injured and require medical care.
- Do not downplay the situation or speculate about your injuries.
- At the doctor’s office or emergency room, make sure medical providers know exactly what happened.
- Undergo recommended testing and get copies of the results.
- Follow treatment suggestions, attend follow-up visits, and adhere to any activity restrictions.
Contact Our Naples Car Accident Lawyers To Request A Consultation
If you are injured in a car accident in Naples, Cardinal Law Firm provides the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Call or contact us online to request a consultation with our Naples car accident lawyer today.