Calculating Current And Future Costs Of Car Accidents In Naples
Car accidents in Naples happen unexpectedly and often through no fault of your own. When you suffer personal injuries as a result, you are entitled to seek compensation. Our Naples car accident lawyer explains how to calculate current and future expenses.
The High Costs Of Naples Car Accident Injuries
Even a relatively minor car accident in Naples can result in major property damages, medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs. When the recklessness of other drivers is to blame, you have the right to hold them liable for your losses.
Unfortunately, people often downplay the situation, the severity of the harm they suffered, and the amount it will take to recover. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provides guidelines for determining costs, based on accident reports:
- For car accidents resulting in relatively minor injuries and property damages, costs can quickly up to over $40,000;
- For car accidents involving more serious injuries, costs are likely to reach $100,000 or more;
- For crashes resulting in severe, potentially life-threatening injuries, amounts often total up to $500,000 or more;
- For catastrophic injuries and cases where car accidents in Naples prove fatal, current and future losses often add up to over $1 million.
Determining How Much A Naples Car Accident Costs
Crash reports from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) indicate that more than 5,000 car accidents in Collier County happen each year. If you are involved in any type of collision, report it to the police immediately, get contact information for others involved and any witnesses, and seek medical attention for your injuries.
In the aftermath and when dealing with insurers, keep in mind that you only have one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. Once you accept a settlement, you waive your rights to any future compensation. In determining how much a car accident in Naples costs, be sure and factor in the following:
- Current and future medical care: You are entitled to coverage of all current medical costs associated with your injuries, as well as payment for future testing, treatment, medications, and physical therapy you require.
- Current and future lost wages: You are entitled to reimbursement for lost wages while you recover from your injuries and any projected future lost income or benefits you are likely to suffer due to ongoing impairments.
- Pain, suffering, scarring, and disfigurement: Car accidents in Naples can haunt your memories for years after and can leave you with permanent scars or disfigurement. You are entitled to compensation for the suffering this causes, now and in years to come.
Request A Consultation With Our Naples Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents in Naples can impact your health and financial security for years into the future. To get the total compensation you are entitled to in a claim, reach out to Cardinal Law Firm. Call or contact us online and request a consultation with our Naples car accident lawyer today.