Recovery From Soft Tissue Injuries In Naples
Sprained, strained, and torn muscles, tendons, or other soft tissues are among the most common types of personal injuries in Naples. They can happen due to various types of accidents and can impact your health and mobility for years. Do not downplay these injuries. Our Naples personal injury lawyer explains more about how they happen and how to get the compensation you need to recover.
Common Types of Soft Tissue Injuries In Naples
Soft tissues refer to muscles, tendons, nerves, and ligaments that run throughout the body. They support various body parts and organs and control movement and bodily functions. When they are injured, it can have major impacts on your health, as well as your ability to work or engage in other activities.
Soft tissue injuries often occur due to accidents. The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) states that they generally fall into one of these categories:
- Contusions: These are bruises that can impact underlying muscles and nerves.
- Sprains: These involve overstretching of ligaments, which connect one end of a bone to another. Sprains are common in the wrists, ankles, and knees.
- Strains: This is the overstretching of muscles or tendons, which connect muscle to bone. Strains often occur in the back or leg.
- Tears: Muscles, tendons, and ligaments can all be stretched to the point where they tear, causing excruciating pain and limited mobility.
How To Get The Compensation You Need To Recover From Soft Tissue Injuries
Sprains, strains, bruising, and tears are common types of personal injuries. They frequently happen due to falls or motor vehicle accidents, impacting those in the vehicle and bicyclists or pedestrians involved. When they occur due to these or other causes, you may be entitled to compensation in a Naples personal injury claim.
Johns Hopkins Medicine warns that it can take long months to fully determine the extent of soft tissue injuries and the impacts they have on your health. Once you get a full diagnosis, it may take years before you fully recover, or you could be left with long-term disabilities. To protect your rights and get the total amount you need to recover from soft tissue injuries in Naples, follow these steps:
- Report any accident immediately to the police or other authorities;
- Get the names of those involved, as well as any witnesses;
- Seek medical care immediately regardless of your symptoms;
- Follow all your doctor’s instructions regarding rest and activity restrictions.
Without rest and time off from work or other activities, there is a greater chance that soft tissue injuries will result in long-term disabilities. Before speaking with insurers or otherwise settling your claim, make sure that you have a thorough understanding of your condition and how it may impact your life.
Reach Out To Our Naples Personal Injury Lawyer Today
At the Cardinal Law Firm, we help people who suffer personal injuries in Naples get the compensation they need to recover. Before you settle your claim, contact our office. Request a consultation with our Naples personal injury lawyer today.