Compensation For Pain And Suffering When Personal Injuries In Naples Happen
Personal injuries commonly occur due to what people generally refer to as ‘accidents’. However, in the majority of cases, the reckless and negligent actions of others involved are actually to blame. In this situation, you have the right to hold them accountable for your losses in a personal injury claim. Our Naples personal injury lawyer explains how in addition to coverage of medical bills and lost wages, this may also include compensation for your pain and suffering.
Damages For Personal Injuries In Naples
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death in the United States. They send close to 100 million people to hospital emergency rooms each year. Motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, and sports or recreational accidents are among the most common causes.
Accidents resulting in personal injuries generally do not just happen. They occur due to negligence on the part of other people involved. Even in relatively minor cases, financial losses that result can total tens of thousands of dollars. Rather than having to pay these amounts out-of-pocket, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury claim. Compensation available, which is often referred to as damages, is likely to include:
- Coverage of the cost to repair or replace damaged property;
- Payment of all current medical expenses and future medical care required due to your injuries;
- Reimbursement for current lost income and future losses in earnings and benefits, if your injuries result in long-term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain and suffering.
Compensation For Pain And Suffering In A Florida Injury Claim
Under the Florida Statutes, victims of personal injuries in Naples may be entitled to economic damages, which cover tangible costs associated with an accident. They may also be entitled to non-economic damages, which compensate for intangible costs. Generally referred to as ‘pain and suffering’, this type of damages may include compensation for any of the following:
- The physical and emotional pain you experienced during your accident;
- Physical pain and discomfort during the treatment and recovery period;
- The impact that any physical scarring or disfigurement has on your life;
- Post-traumatic stress, which is common after an accident and can affect your mood and eating or sleeping habits;
- Loss of enjoyment in life, in the event your injuries prevent you from engaging in your former hobbies and activities.
Noneconomic damages can easily total tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. To ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to, contact Cardinal Law, P.A.
Request A Consultation With Our Naples Personal Injury Lawyers Today
When personal injuries happen, Cardinal Law, P.A. provides the trusted legal guidance you need to get the compensation you deserve. We are happy to explain more about noneconomic damages and other types of compensation you may be entitled to in your claim. To request a consultation, call or contact our Naples personal injury lawyers online today.