What To Do When Personal Injuries In Naples Happen
Accidents can happen in a variety of ways, leaving you or someone you love suffering serious personal injuries in Naples. You have the right to hold others accountable when they are at fault. However, you only have one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. Our Naples personal injury lawyer explains what to do in this situation and the steps that can help protect your rights in filing a claim.
Personal Injuries In Naples Pose Serious Risks
Personal injuries happen as a result of so-called accidents. However, the fact is that the reckless and negligent actions of others are often to blame. According to the Florida Department of Health, the personal injury rate throughout the state is 20 percent higher than the national average. Common ways in which they occur include:
- Car accidents: These can impact drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists and are commonly caused by reckless driving behavior.
- Truck accidents: These can cause life-threatening injuries for victims and often occur due to reckless behavior on the part of the truck driver or the company they work for.
- Accidents on another’s property: Slips and falls or getting struck by or against objects, can happen due to failure to maintain the premises or warn visitors of potential hazards.
- Sports and recreational accidents: The reckless behavior of others can result in serious personal injuries while boating or engaging in other sports and recreational activities.
Personal injuries that happen in these or other common accidents in Naples can impact your health and financial security for years to come. When others are at fault, you have the right to hold them liable in a claim.
Protecting Yourself When Personal Injuries In Naples Happen
Under the Florida Statutes, you are entitled to hold those at fault accountable when you suffer personal injuries in Naples as a result of their negligence. To protect your rights in filing a claim, follow these steps:
- Notify the police, the property owner, or onsite security immediately so that an accident report can be filed;
- Get the names and contact information for everyone involved, as well as any witnesses at the scene;
- Make note of the exact circumstances surrounding your accident and take photos or videos of dangerous conditions and the extent of harm suffered;
- Seek medical care immediately and avoid downplaying your injuries;
- Make sure your doctor is aware of how your injuries happened;
- Follow their recommendations regarding testing, treatment, and work or other activity restrictions;
- Avoid making any statements to insurers or admitting even partial liability;
- Speak to our Naples personal injury lawyer before signing any documents or agreeing to a settlement.
Contact Our Naples Car Accident Lawyer Today
You only have one chance to get the compensation you need to recover when personal injuries in Naples happen. To help ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to, contact Cardinal Law Firm. Request a consultation with our Naples personal injury lawyer today.