National Ladder Safety Month Raises Awareness Of Common Cause Of Naples Construction Accidents
Workers in the construction industry face significant hazards on the road. They suffer serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries at rates that far exceed workers in other occupations. Ladder accidents are among the most common causes. March is National Ladder Safety Month, and our Naples personal injury lawyer wants you to be aware of the risks.
Ladder Accidents Pose Major Risks To Construction Workers
National Ladder Safety Month raises awareness of one of the most common causes of personal injuries. Ladder accidents can affect anyone, whether on the job or when performing tasks around your home. However, construction workers face the most serious risks.
Over 500,000 people suffer serious and potentially debilitating injuries from ladder accidents each year. They are the third most common type of accident that can happen on the job and the sixth most frequently cited OSHA violation. According to the American Ladder Institute, expenses related to ladder accidents, including medical costs, lost wages, pain, and suffering, total more than $24 billion dollars each year. Common ways they can happen include:
- Falling from heights: These are responsible for the most severe and potentially fatal types of ladder-related personal injuries;
- Missing steps when climbing down: These are among the most common ladder accidents and often happen near bottom rungs;
- Overreaching while on a ladder: In addition to causing instability in the ladder and making falls more likely to happen, these can result in muscle strains, tears, and other types of soft tissue injuries.
Filing A Claim For Injuries Due To Ladder Accidents In Naples
Ladder accidents that happen at someone’s home or while working at construction sites are often caused by negligence. As the injured party, filing a personal injury claim can help you get the compensation you need to recover. Those who may be held liable for your damages include:
- Property owners;
- Construction site owners, managers, and other employees;
- Ladder manufacturers and distributors;
- Anyone else who may have played a role in a ladder accident in Naples.
Common Types of Compensation You May Be Entitled To
In some cases, you may be entitled to compensation through insurance policies the property owner has in place. If insurance is unavailable or fails to cover your costs, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit against those involved. Common types of compensation available under Florida negligence laws include:
- Payment of all medical costs;
- Reimbursement for lost wages;
- Coverage of future medical expenses and lost income due to long-term disabilities;
- Additional amounts for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment you experience in the aftermath.
Contact Our Naples Construction Site Accident
Personal injuries caused by ladder accidents have the potential to be severe. At Cardinal Law, P.A., we provide the professional legal representation you need to get the maximum amount of compensation in a claim. To request a consultation, call or contact our Naples personal injury lawyer online today.